Tuesday 18 January 2022

STINGRAY - A NEW Project.

 Hi....Over the past few days I've been thinking about STINGRAY - the 1960s TV Show by Gerry Anderson as my new Project. I've ordered a book from the UK.

The STINGRAY book by Dave Rogers I've had before- some years ago - it'll be good to re-read it as I recall it is full of great information and many photos. I also have the full series of STINGRAY on DVD and although I've watched all episodes some time ago -I will certainly enjoy watching them again.

I've ordered a STINGRAY Toy as made by Matchbox from Bristol (UK)- I've had this toy before and very much look forward to having the STINGRAY Toy again. The Toy isn't exactly to scale though it has a certain charm and appeal about it.

When I was a youngster in early Primary School my friend Paul Phibbs who lived nearby to our home owned a STINGRAY Toy - as made by LINCOLN- it was battery powered and it has always stuck in my mind that the Toy was very different and appealing- I liked the look of the STINGRAY submarine. I knew nothing of the TV Stingray Show at that time when visiting Paul- as we didn't own a TV until much much later.
Well that is my news for tonight.
I'm Very much looking forward to enjoying STINGRAY.
Until later. Cheers. KEV.











12 comments:

  1. It will be interesting to see how you progress the project. I vaguely remember the show as a child, but is was all black and white TV.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PETER,
      Yes- just starting out on the STINGRAY project- early days yet. It is great to see STINGRAY in full color on DVD- just great! Cheers. KEV.

      Delete
  2. Ah, happy memories although mine all seem to be in black and white as well. Do you remember the Gerry Anderson show that preceded it - Fireball XL5? Maybe you are too young…

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IAN,
      Fireball XL5 was my first knowledge of Gerry Anderson's shows- then early it was black and white- at the time only saw a few episodes- now I have it on DVD to enjoy. Cheers. KEV.

      Delete
  3. KEV-
    I recall a very good article on 'Stingray' war games in 'Practical Wargamer'. John Treadaway and Jim Wallman were the authors. It included a set of rules and Record Sheets for Stingray and Super-Subs, and for Aquaphibian Titan Terror Fish and Titan Mega Fish. If you don't yet have a rule set in mind, that might be a good place to look.
    Cheers,
    Ion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ARCHDUKE,
      Yes- I've seen games using miniature Terror Fish and Stingray models - great fun for sure. If I put my mind to it - I could do the same in the future. Cheers. KEV.

      Delete
  4. I new project for you - sounds great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. KAREN,
      Yes- at last another Project - the STINGRAY Project will be great fun - I adore Puppetry. Regards. KEV.

      Delete
  5. That Matchbox Stingray looks really cool Kev, especially with "Firing Missiles!"
    The figures on the magazine cover remind me of the Thunderbirds, maybe it was made by the same group? Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BRAD,
      Yes, the Matchbox Toy STINGRAY is very nice. Gerry Anderson was the creator of STINGRAY and Thunderbirds as well as other shows' like Fireball XL5. Cheers. KEV.

      Delete
  6. Hello KEV., Nice to see you getting started with a new project. To me, having projects to work on has been a key to an enjoyable retirement. Here in Seattle we are getting a little welcome sunshine this winter weekend. How is your summer going? Best regards, John

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JOHN,
      Hi there in Seattle. Yes- looking forward to my STINGRAY Project- it is very interesting to learn all about it. Summer here hasn't been all that hot- thankfully. Cooler days here with some rain about. Cheers. KEV.

      Delete