Wednesday 2 March 2022

STINGRAY - The DVD Set.

 Hi...I'm just about near to the end of watching all of the STINGRAY Episodes on DVD.

A fabulous Artwork of STINGRAY.
I hope to obtained a large version to frame and put the picture up in the Study.

The 5 Disc Set of STINGRAY.
All up there are 39 Episodes to watch - all half hour and very enjoyable.

Gerry and Sylvia Anderson - the Creators of STINGRAY.
Note the Puppets of Captain Troy Tempest and Marina.
I thought the actual Puppets were bigger - just amazing modelling and detail.

Captain Troy Tempest with Atlanta Shore and Marina.

I just love STINGRAY. One of the main reasons for my interest is that basically all that you see in each episode of STINGRAY was hand built by modelers- just excellent Scratch Modelling throughout.

Well- that is my news for tonight.
Stay safe and well across the Globe.
Cheers. KEV.


6 comments:

  1. I had no idea there were so many episodes of Stingray !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TONY,
      Yes- there are many Episodes - it has taken me near a month to watch all the Episodes- I think it took the Team about a year to make them...one favorite is 'The Master Plan' - I like them all- very enjoyable. Cheers. KEV.

      Delete
  2. Very interesting stuff Kev! It took a great deal of work and craftmanship to produce that many episodes and the puppets from scratch! A true labor of love on the creator's part!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BRAD,
      Yes- agreed- wonderful craftsmanship for sure to make all the models and puppets - I marvel at it all and I do not think that the know-how is the same to-day- it would be very hard to-day to do something similar to STINGRAY. I'm fascinated by it all and think I'm very lucky to have all 39 Episodes to watch on DVD. Regards. KEV.

      Delete
  3. Hi KEV., I can sure see why you like the modelling in STINGRAY. It is quite amazing. Watching all of the STINGRAY Episodes on DVD has to be fun. Thanks for sharing some of this with us. Thanks for your kind comments on my blog. I hope the rain you mentioned stops and the start to your Autumn makes a turn for the better. Best regards from Seattle! John

    ReplyDelete
  4. JOHN,
    I've watched all 39 Episodes of STINGRAY and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. We are into our seventeenth day of rain- at moment very torrential at 9:30pm...north of the state has very severe flooding- it is really very bad - worst experienced in decades. Hope to rain stops soon. Take care my friend there in Seattle. Cheers. KEV.

    ReplyDelete